D360 Bank is committed to the principles of Islamic Shariah and ensuring compliance in all its banking transactions. To achieve this, an independent Shariah committee has been established to oversee all the bank's operations, products, and services.
The responsibilities and tasks of the Shariah Committee can be summarized as follows:
- Issuing religious approvals for the structures, mechanisms, contracts, and executive documents of all domestic and international banking products, programs, and services.
- Contributing to the development of structures, mechanisms, contracts, and executive documents in accordance with the principles of Islamic Shariah.
- Approving all contracts, policy guides, and procedures for the offered products and services.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the board's rulings and fatwas by the bank through supervising the Shariah internal audit management.
- Adopting suitable methods and means to enhance the Shariah awareness of the bank's employees and customers.
- Establishing policies, reviewing training materials, and providing Shariah training for the bank's employees.
- Promoting the bank's involvement in introducing and contributing to the development of Islamic banking.
Shariah Committee Members
Dr. Mohammed Bin Ali Al-Quray
Dr. Mohammed Bin Ali Al-Quray holds a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management from King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, and both a master's and Ph.D. degree in Economics from the University of California, USA. He serves as an advisor to several global Islamic financial institutions and is an expert at the Fiqh Academy affiliated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Jeddah. He is a former professor at King Abdulaziz University, where he taught Islamic Economics, and a former director of the Center for Islamic Economics Research at the university. He has authored numerous publications and research papers on Islamic banking.
Dr. Khaled Alsiari
Dr. Khaled Alsiari is a graduate of the Institute of Higher Judiciary in Riyadh, where he obtained a Master's and Ph.D. degree in Comparative Jurisprudence. He is an Associate Professor at the Saudi Electronic University and has previously worked as a practitioner in several banks and financial institutions, specializing in Shariah and legal consultations and the development of Islamic products. He is a member of various Shariah committees and boards of Islamic financial institutions and serves as a member of the Shariah Standards Committee at the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI). He has published research papers and printed books on Islamic finance.
Dr. Belqassem Bin Dhaker Al-Zubaidi
Dr. Belqassem Bin Dhaker Al-Zubaidi is a professor of Islamic Commercial Jurisprudence at King Abdulaziz University. He holds a Ph.D. in Jurisprudence and its Principles from Umm Al-Qura University. He is a member of the Shariah committee in several financial institutions and has presented numerous research papers in specialized conferences and seminars in the Islamic financial industry. He has made significant contributions in consultancy, education, and specialized research in the innovation and development of Shariah-compliant financial products.